Skip to main content

tv   Stossel  FOX Business  February 20, 2016 9:00pm-10:01pm EST

9:00 pm
endorse us is great. we are going to put these business people in charge of trade and when china wants to come and negotiate, they will negotiate not with a political hack which is what they have now, they will negotiate with the best business minds in the world and we have them in this country. so we're going to do a lot of beautiful work. we are going to terminate obamacare. it's going to be terminated and over. it's going to be repealed and it's going to be replaced and you are going to have much better health care at a much smaller cost because obamacare -- if you look, look at the increases in your obamacare, 25, 35, 45, and even 55%, it's dead, it's not working. we are going to go to a plan that is going to be so much better and so much less expensive. so second amendment by the way, this is a room that loves the
9:01 pm
second amendment -- thank you, fellas. this is a room that loves and cherishes the second amendment and we are going to protect our second amendment. common core is gone. we are getting rid of common core. we are bringing education to a local level. the people in this community, every time i see them, they want education locally. the parents, the teachers, they want to do it. they don't want bureaucrats in washington telling them how to educate their children. we spend as a nation more for education per pupil, and second place doesn't exist it's so different, and out of 30 countries we are ranked number 30. you have china, and you have
9:02 pm
norway, sweden, denmark, and then you have number 30, the united states. we spend the most and are at the bottom of the heap. it's not going to happen anymore, folks. we are going to rebuild our military, and a number of the people came down and a number of pundits watching tonight, we love our military, we love our military. by the way, we love our police. our police are terrific. we love our police. they are not being treated properly. we are going to build our military so big, so good, so strong, so powerful that nobody is ever going to mess with us, folks. we are going to buy -- we're going to buy the equipped that our generals and soldiers and
9:03 pm
everybody in there want, and we are not buying equipment that sells because they have political ties, they take and give campaign contributions, the equipment they want and not what they are told to have by senators from washington. the reason i can say that, i am self funding my campaign and not getting millions of dollars from all of these -- i am not getting millions of dollars from all of these special interests and lobbyists and donors that once they get it they do whatever the politicians want, and that's not going to happen. we are going to take care of our vets. we love our vets and they are being treated terribly, and we are taking care of our vets. so we're now off to nevada, and it's a great state. we have great people. we have great people in our nation, no matter where we go.
9:04 pm
i went to mobile, alabama, 35,000 people. we went to oklahoma recently, twice. 20,000 people, 20,000 people. no matter where we go, we fill up the arenas. over here the other day, we had a 9,000, and we had a 10,000, and the only thing that stops the crowds are the walls because we can't get them in, and we have to send thousands away. "time" magazine last week did an incredible cover story, and they said it's a movement and that's what it is, an incredible movement with incredible people, incredible people. [ chanting usa ] >> it's an incredible movement with incredible people, i will
9:05 pm
tell you. whether we go, honestly, whether we go to dallas or l.a., anywhere you say, our people are credible, and our theme -- what is our theme? you know it, right? right? our theme, which i love, maybe the greatest theme of all-time, right? we're going to get rid of the whole theme, because what is going to happen, make america great again, and the last two weeks because i have gotten to see so many -- i guess millions when you add them all up with all of the rooms and speeches and i met so many people, but the people are so incredible that i have been saying make america great again, and it's going to be greater than ever before. that's the kind of potential we have. greater than ever before. so i want to thank everybody. i love you all.
9:06 pm
again, south carolina, we will never forget you, we will never forget you, we will never ever forget south carolina, and never forget our volunteers, we love our volunteers, and we will never forget all of the people that helped us so much, my family. folks, let's go -- let's have a big win in nevada. let's have a big win and put this thing away and let's make america great again. thank you very much. thank you very much. >> donald trump, the easy winner tonight, by at least a dozen points to his closest opponent, and not sure who that will be, rubio's lead has widened a little over cruz. rubio is scheduled to speak now, but the real story of the night is jeb bush dropped out of this race, a race in which he was the prohibited favorite. there was a time where he had
9:07 pm
more support than all of his competitors combined and now he's out. where the votes will go are anybody's guess. a lot of them go to marco rubio, but a lot of bitterness between the two camps, because -- >> florida. >> yeah, and there was resentment on the part of the bush folks when rubio entered when it was understood he would not. >> they could go to kasich, who has momentum up north, and we will probably see some good things. >> i don't mean to interrupt, but tom kasich tweeted out, jeb bush worked hard every day, and kasich now the sole surviving governor in the race. go ahead. >> i think a lot of the supporters of bush will say, where do i go? they want somebody that can be elected and there are a lot of questions as to whether kasich can deliver on that.
9:08 pm
they most likely will. they will go to rubio, not to cruz. >> 90% are going to rubio, and one may go to trump, and i am not kidding when i say this, there's a good chance he is going to go and talk to donald -- how do i know that, because he told me that. it the raising of money. >> well, that's fine, and i am just saying, it's 0 for 3. >> trump may decline the support, is what he is saying. >> he is going to have to do a pac or something. >> he is going to go to rubio, probably. >> more than likely, but not
9:09 pm
confirmed. >> i think some have a certain level of respect for him as a businessman, and in talking -- >> who, donald? >> karl is one of them. he said to me, out of anyone, i like donald trump, but he's never going to win and never has a shot, and are you kidding me? then a couple months later -- >> do you get more frantic now? >> i think most of the establishment, as we understand, the republican establishment certainly has understood what would happen here for sometime, and that's why they have been trying to move rubio forward and advance him. what we are watching here is the extension of what is being played for the last couple of months at least. >> marco rubio along with nikki
9:10 pm
haley, and trump making the swipe, lieutenant governor is a better guy. >> nikki haley has made two mistakes, and she is the big loser of the night. she went for rubio rather than the winner, and went after trump. >> i don't think that's a mistake. >> she went out of her way -- she went out of her way to criticize trump. >> the establishment is now going to coalesce around rubio, and who they think has the best chance of taking out trump. i will say, look at what hank greensburg did, gave $10 million to bush and i called him and asked him, and he backed away from it. he was already thinking about throwing his support -- >> the establishment has known for sometime that they have a
9:11 pm
problem. >> is rubio the answer? the contrast, if you think about it, between donald trump and marco rubio. one looks like an adult and one, you know, kind of looks like a kid. >> i was going to say depending on the moments, because some of the things donald trump says are childish. >> one looks like an adult that never gets about 32%. >> the attack trump uses that doesn't surprise me, and that's first-term senator. he does not use that against rubio. >> he has not really gone after rubio. >> but when somebody makes a threat he goes after them. >> we are not comfortable calling anything but the first place finisher here. we can't really decide on second or third. right now rubio is losing to about a 3,000-vote lead here. and the only thing we are calling now is that donald trump
9:12 pm
has won south carolina. we did notice, even though he made no reference to jeb bush and his stepping out speech, we are told separately that mr. trump was waiting for jeb bush to finish, and those two were not exactly friends at these past debates. >> jeb bush in the suspension said the president is a servant and not the master. >> i depose when you look at the way -- the polls -- >> we're not going to take this, and they are saying it's a second-place victory, and we cannot say that and we are not comfortable given the narrow gap
9:13 pm
here. and you mentioned something about nicky haley, it may not be a good night for her. >> this is a governor with an 80% approval rating. it was persuasive for rubio, amongst those whose endorsements are important. >> how would he have done without that? >> not as well, because even with the margin, it would be the difference between if this holds up, it would be the difference between second and third place if you extrapolate it. for her to have two runs at trump, it was a poor choice. >> the former republican leader, tom, how does tonight change things? >> i don't think it changes much of anything. i don't know why the media is calling this a big win. trump has been at 30 to 35% ever since he got into the race. >> who do you like? >> i like everybody but trump.
9:14 pm
>> really? but you could live with him as the nominee if it came to that? >> no, i am not sure i could do that. >> really? >> this is a man -- >> would you not vote, tom? would you not vote at all? >> wait until the democrats turn him inside out. he has business deals that has hurt -- >> that's not what i asked. you would not support -- you would not support donald trump running bernie sanders or hillary clinton? >> it would be very difficult. probably -- i probably would, but i am going to have to do a lot of soul searching. >> i will let you search your soul here, because marco rubio is speaking now. >> i also a few moments ago got to see on television, have not had a chance to speak to him
9:15 pm
yet, governor bush and his announcement, and i have an incredible affection for jeb bush and his family. he is an extraordinary husband and father, and he was the greatest governor in the history of florida. i believe and i pray that his service to our country has not yet ended and i thank jeb bush for everything he did for the state of florida and running a campaign based on ideas and i pray for him and his family tonight as they move forward in other endeavors in their life. [ applause ] tonight here in south carolina the message is pretty clear. this country is now ready for a new generation of conservatives
tv-commercial
9:16 pm
to guide us into the 21st century. for the time has now come after eight years of failure to return to the constitution of the united states that made us the freest people that have ever lived. the time has now come for leaders that will reembrace free enterprise that made us the most prosperous people that ever lived. and the time has come to rebuild our military, because the world is a better and more safer and stable place when we are the strongest military in the world. we as a nation have faced trouble in times before. in fact 36 years ago this nation faced the period of doubt after a failed presidency it felt like america was in decline and our economy was stagnant and the
9:17 pm
american dream felt like it was slipping away, and then we elected a president that inspired us, a president who asked us to remember who we were and who believed as we do, that america's greatest days always lie ahead. ronald reagan [ applause ] ronald reagan made us believe it was morning in america again, and it was. now the children of the reagan revolution are ready to assume the mantle of leadership. now we are ready to do for our generation, ready to do for the next generation, what ronald
9:18 pm
reagan did for ours. and who is this conservative movement in the 21st century, because our principles remain the same? who are we? my friends, the 21st century conservatives are the son of a single mother who grew up in poverty and was almost lost and today he serves this state as its junior senator, mr. scott. [ applause ] the 21st century conservative movement is the daughter of immigrants from india, who wanted desperately for their children to have all the opportunities they never did, and who faced a string of
9:19 pm
prejudice and yet because of the greatness of our country today, nikki haley is the governor of a state where it's always a great day. [ applause ] [ cheering ] and the 21st century conservative movement is the son of a bartender and maid from cuba, who stands one step closer to being the president of the united states of america. [ applause ] [ cheering ] [ chanting "marco ] >> we are a nation that admire people that worked hard and moved ahead. as conservetives you will always celebrate success, but we fight for those who are still trying
9:20 pm
to make it. if tonight you are that single mother who has made it the purpose of your life to seek to leave your children better off than yourself in the 21st s st century, we conservatives will fight for you. if you are watching tonight and you are that father that works two jobs so that your kids can have all the chances you never did, in the 21st century, we conservatives will fight for you. if you are the 17-year-old high school student who wants a big future and so you get up well before dawn to take two buses to a better school across town and who gets home late at night to do homework because you know god made you for more than what people around you tell you you were made for, in the 21st
9:21 pm
century, we conservatives will fight for you. we will fight for you because we come from where you are now, because we live the way you live now, and we know free government and free enterprise and a strong national defense is a better way for you, me, us, and the united states of america. tonight for those watching at home, i ask you to join us in this effort. this has been a long road. there were many people on this campaign when it first started, many good people, many whom any other year would have been a frontrunner, and now practically speaking it's down to three, and i know our campaign gives us the best chance, not to just come
9:22 pm
together or unify our party but to unify our country and to grow this movement. i ask you to go on our website, if you are watching tonight i ask you to go on our website marcorubio.com, and join our campaign. 60 years ago a young couple from cuba came to america in search of a new beginning, a second chance, a fresh start. america changed their lives. of course, i'm talking about my parents. >> yeah, spoiler alert. >> ten days ago, their son arrived in south carolina after a difficult election in new
9:23 pm
hampshire in search of a new beginning and a fresh start. many thought it was over, and some had doubts about whether we would wind up here now. for me south carolina will always be the place of new beginnings and fresh starts. [ applause ] i know that god's hand is on everything, and so whatever god's will is in this election is what will ultimately happen to us and to our country, and if it is god's will that i should serve has the 45th president, if it is, if it is god's will that we should win this election, then history will say that on this night in south carolina we took the first step forward in the beginning of a new american
9:24 pm
century. thank you, south carolina! thank you. god bless you. >> you think about it, a couple weeks ago he was really rattled after chris christie scoured him in the debate. he is firing now on all cylinders, and here we go. it is weird. we have former congressman, denn denn dennis kau sin itch. we are not comfortable here at fox calling second or third place. we know donald trump won the state, but what do you make of senator rubio? the establishment now will try tolize around another
9:25 pm
candidate now that jeb bush is out. >> donald trump at this point is also the prohibited favorite in terms of betting and he is on his way, however, marco rubio has shown with establishment help in south carolina with congressmen, with some help he can give donald trump a run. it's still a race. it's true of the democrats, too. no matter that hillary clinton won by about five points today in nevada -- >> what did you think of that, by the way, that win for her? it ended up being just enough to get her past the hump here, what do you think? >> i think you are right. it showed that she has recovered somewhat from the defeat in new hampshire, and come into next week, we'll see south carolina where the democrats show that
9:26 pm
she has a sizeable lead according to polls, but bernie sanders could be very competitive in places like colorado and massachusetts, and then you go into super tuesday where she has an advantage in a southern state. >> if you take the super delegates out of it, the race between the two of them would be about even right now, and she picks up almost 500 of the super delegates, and they are not committed and could change their mind, obviously, but that's a big advantage and she's a quarter of the way there and we have a long way to go. >> you can't seriously count the super delegates because everybody that is a super delegate, who are members of congress, will watch carefully on how she does, and whether or not senator sanders is able to hang on and get a large share of delegates, and if it hangs on to
9:27 pm
be even if they get to the convention, anything can happen. >> there are 501 delegates total for her, and they are mostly super delegates. that could quickly change on a dime. >> quickly? i don't know. do they have the ability to change if they need to? yes. will they, it depends on hillary clinton performance, and how bernie hangs on. >> as i listen him talk about foreign trade or more modern policy over the years, and as you look at the republican race, do you not, dennis, feel some pride in the issues you have been most dedicated over your career, too, the republicans are taking up those issues relentlessly, it seems, this primary season?
9:28 pm
>> it's important that both parties speak to the problems that have come about as a result of nafta, and the trade agreements that followed after that, because americans lost millions of jobs. it is good to see it picked up by republicans as well as democrats. yes, i am glad to see finally issues that i have been talking about for a decade on getting a hearing. >> hillary clinton, she attacked evil banks when it was her husband that ushered in all the deregulation issues, and there was a lot of them, and that's going to catch up to her because it's a lie essentially? >> she will have to point out her differences of opinion with her husband? >> she is going to criticize her husband?
9:29 pm
>> criticize, i don't know. it's important for her to say what her stance is and what she will do. >> that's awkward, dude. they have had differences over the years. >> just a few. >> personal issues. >> at what point does hillary clinton really start to pressure senator sanders about his lack of foreign policy expertise? >> well, i think that will continue to happen and it's going to be important for senator sanders to bone up on the major foreign policy issues in the country, and one of the most important things relates to interventionism, and senator sanders has come out in reevaluating the government policies on intervention. >> with all of your experience, he could throw it back at her. >> it could become an argument.
9:30 pm
what senator sanders has done, though, and he has clearly made the point about the economy, the inequities in the economy, and people gravitated towards the argument and the democratic base is responding to it, and it's good that secretary clinton is coming back to see what she would do, and that's what the debate is going to be about going forward and we can't get into international policy because the fact of the matter is so many deficits have been driven by things around the world. >> thank you. >> a lot of you are confused about this, and this is weird, and republicans have their own caucuses on tuesday night, and it's going to be late, and i think we will work past midnight, just to let you know. next saturday is the south
9:31 pm
carolina democratic primary. lou, why couldn't they just get it coordinated together? >> this was their compromise to have an early primary and caucus and the result is -- it even costs them more money and they think it's worth it and they have our attention. >> i can't wait for nevada. >> we are waiting to hear, by the way, from ted cruz. again, it's as close as a tick right now between marco rubio and ted cruz. >> do you think he is waiting because he wants to be able to say -- >> you heard nikki haley say it, and we are all getting the numbers at the same time, but they are confident he already got second, and we are not, and i don't believe any news organization is. is it significant to take that? >> if you can at least get the
9:32 pm
bragging rights, right? money wise, they seem about matched, both around $13.5 million. >> who has more? >> ted cruz spent $7.5 million last month alone. >> ben carson staying in the race, and jeb bush is not, and kasich presumably hanging on for a while, and so how does that change the trajectory here? >> dan patrick in texas wanted to make it a two-man race, and talk about the advantages ted cruz would have in that, and the only problem is, it's not. looks like there's a five-man race, and there is no sign any other candidate is going to retreat. >> looks like a three-man race.
9:33 pm
>> or a three-man race. >> the institutional fund racing on kasich or whatever his name is -- i will not have to say this in a few weeks because he is going to drop out. >> incredible. >> wow. >> it's going to be a huge pressure on him to drop out. >> i cannot see a jeb bush supporter transferring their support to ted cruz. >> we were talking about this, the business people that i know, they love kasich. >> sure. yeah, they do, for what its worth. >> that's a pretty impressive record. >> to follow trump's complaint about everybody aggregating the numbers from all the other candidates and beating trump, and if you take those numbers with cruz numbers, you have over a 50% advantage.
9:34 pm
>> his negatives are so high, and when they poll people, who would you never vote for, he always gets to the top. that's why -- >> it's love or hate. >> the wonder is that he is leading -- >> at 35%. >> in all of these elections. >> let's get a quick break here, and when we come back, we should be hearing from ted cruz who is battling out for that second place spot. >> he used to always come out late. >> last. ♪ every auto insurance policy has a number. but not every insurance company understands the life behind it. ♪ those who have served our nation have earned the very best service in return. ♪ usaa. we know what it means to serve.
9:35 pm
get an auto insurance quote and see why 92% of our members plan to stay for life. can a a subconscious. mind? a knack for predicting the future. reflexes faster than the speed of thought. can a business have a spirit? can a business have a soul?
9:36 pm
can a business be...alive? all across the state the economy is growing,arts today. with creative new business incentives, the lowest taxes in decades, and university partnerships, attracting the talent and companies of tomorrow. like in utica, where a new kind of workforce is being trained. and in albany, the nanotechnology capital of the world. let us help grow your company's tomorrow, today at business.ny.gov weinto a new american century.
9:37 pm
born with a hunger to fly and a passion to build something better. and what an amazing time it's been, decade after decade of innovation, inspiration and wonder. so, we say thank you america for a century of trust, for the privilege of flying higher and higher, together. ♪ the market.redict but through good times and bad... ...at t. rowe price...
9:38 pm
...we've helped our investors stay confident for over 75 years. call us or your advisor. t. rowe price. invest with confidence. the people of iowa and new hampshire and south carolina have spoken and i really respect their decision, so don't i am suspending their campaign. >> no. >> yeah, yeah. >> to me that is the story of the night. the once frontrunner was almost considered the nominee, and an extraordinary of florida, i congratulate him and wish him and his wonderful family all the best, and marco rubio said he was the best governor florida ever had. they are in the ring and ripping each other apart, and when they
9:39 pm
are done, way to go, brother. i don't know. >> it is -- >> it is what it is. >> neil, for bush to go out tonight, rather than drag it out, for him to do this tonight, it worked well. >> amazing. >> here is ted cruz, and rubio claiming they got second place. almost all are counted but not quite. >> friends, once again, we have made history. you, the people of south carolina and our incredible volunteers all over the country continue to defy the bpundits.
9:40 pm
let me say a word about governor bush, a man that had a tremendous record as the governor of florida, and a man who ran a campaign based on ideas, pwaeubased on policy and substance, and a man that did not go to the gutter and engage in insults and attacks. [ applause ] governor bush brought honor and dignity to this race. tonight he has suspended his campaign, but heidi and i give our very best to jeb and their entire extraordinary family.
9:41 pm
we wish them the best and thank them for their remarkable campaign. [ applause ] i want to thank our tremendous team here in south carolina, congre congressman jeff duncan, and congressmen mark sanford, and former attorney general, charlie condin. senator lee bright. and representatives bill chummily, and wendy smith and mike burns and jay jordan.
9:42 pm
and ray nash and pastor mike gonzalez. and heroic volunteers like david aguilar, and all seven of their terrific kids. and the nearly 500 south carolina pastors that endorsed and joined in this campaign. first iowa, and then new hampshire, and now south carolina. we don't know the exact results right now. right now we are effectively tied for second place, and each time defying expectations and
9:43 pm
causing the pundits -- [ chanting ] indeed. indeed the screaming you hear now from across the potomac is the washington cartel in full terror that the conservative grassroots are rising up. before we reflect on what we have together accomplished, i would like to pause for a moment of silence in honor of a great man, an american hero, justice antonin scalia.
9:44 pm
today i attended justice scalia's funeral. i had the honor of knowing him for 20 years. he was brilliant and principled and faithful and a ferocious defender of the constitution and the bill of rights. [ applause ] as ronald reagan was to the presidency, so too was justice scalia to the u.s. supreme court. his passing, one week ago today, underscores the enormous stakes of this election. it's not just one but two branches of government that are
9:45 pm
at stake. and justice scalia's replacement will not be decided by the washington power brokers. [ applause ] it will be decided by we, the people. this election will be a referendum on the supreme court, and i'll tell you this, i cannot wait to stand on that debate stage with hillary clinton or bernie sanders or whatever other socialists they nominate. [ applause ] and make the case against their radical vision of the constitution that would strip away life and marriage and religious liberty and the second
9:46 pm
amendment and the basic rights of every american citizen. in iowa, they said it couldn't be done, and we won. in new hampshire, they said a conservative, a bible-believing christian could not compete, and we defied expectations. >> we're keeping a close eye on this and we want to show you the latest figures we are getting in as we have got now, and i am thinking about 98% of the vote in. donald trump is winning this, and that's already given, but look how close between marco rubio and ted cruz separated by a little more than a thousand votes, if that. back with my panelists here.
9:47 pm
and they are all going to claim that they are the guy, right? i mean, i notice in cruz's case and rubio's case, a clear pitch for those bush voters and donors. >> they want them and need them. if they are going to present any kind of challenge to trump, they have got to consolidate the field and pull in some of the bush voters. it's a question of where are people going to go? ted cruz, i don't see a jeb bush supporter going to the ted cruz side. >> you think they go to rubio? >> i think they go to rubio because he is more established. >> jeb bush doesn't have a lot of voters but had a lot of money. >> and the only premiere candidate tonight that did not mention jeb bush, yet i know he
9:48 pm
was waiting for jeb bush to finish his remarks before he did. >> we were waiting for trump to come out around 8:30 and we knew when it started to get later than that, is to let jeb bush speak. there was no mention of jeb bush, and we started talking amongst ourselves, and no, he didn't mention jeb bush, and he talked about how hard campaigning is, and maybe that's a reference to jeb bush. we reached out to the trump campaign to see if there is any reason or comment and we have not heard back yet. trump is focused, especially the last couple of days on mostly on cruz and also on rubio, and his comment earlier today, he said something about rubio being soft on immigration.
9:49 pm
he tried to brand ted cruz as a liar, and tonight he could have mentioned jeb, and this is a guy that never speaks, you know, with any prepared comments, maybe a few notes written down on the back of a piece of paper or something like that, and no specific mention and we don't know why. >> kasich is still in this case, the sole surviving governor. what does he do? >> he doesn't have a lot of cash, and i am talking about cash only. since the beginning of february, $1.5 million is what he picked up, and you put that against ted cruz or marco rubio, $13 million, so he needs more >> if he needs it, he might be able to get that. i see people, as they see the field thinning out, he could get some. >> they are going to be calling
9:50 pm
establishment -- give it to kasich? >> they will say, i will give it to a hospital instead. forget it. >> if he were to pick-off massachusetts, there's a good shot at minnesota and vermont, and i am talking about super tuesday, and that's the best he can hope for. you might be right. >> why do you think so charlie? why write a check to a hospital instead of a candidate? >> i think the establishment republicans based on what i hear from them, and i have good sources there, they are going to rally around rubio right now. they will see him as their best shot. >> does this back fire on rubio that everybody is pushing him? >> i can't see how the dynamics play out at this point, but what i can see right now is that a contest that is going to -- as i suggested earlier, it will pivot, and rubio gains advantage
9:51 pm
and trump and cruz will be vying for voters that will be determinant. it's going to be that battle. what rubio could do is sail in and drop behind them. i don't see the support. he has not demonstrated the kind of support you need at the grassroots level or financially to prevail. >> he could raise money? >> no question. all three of those folks have money, and trump for that matter can raise money, too, if he decides to go that direction. >> what do you think about the importance of the endorsements, nikki haley, and sam brownback, and he does have governors that -- >> he would be worse off without it, you know. >> i think that helped him significantly. the flip side of that is, you know, in this crazy election
9:52 pm
year where people don't like establishment candidates, the more establishment you have coming out for you, it could go either way. >> i don't see the establishment hati hating ted cruz -- >> they do hate ted cruz. >> the focus was on ted cruz and not trump. >> establishment folks have said, if you had to pick, cruz or trump -- >> you could save only one, who would it be? >> consistently, they say trump because they can work with him. >> i think the phone calls go something like this over the next couple of days, and you see the billionaire -- >> his stocks are down quite a bit. >> we need one establishment candidate and that's what rubio's people are going to say, we need one and have to get rid
9:53 pm
of these other guys so we can do a three-man race, and you are right, lou, advantage goes to trump and cruz still. >> who is the best debater against hillary? >> would a three-person debate change the dynamic a little bit? >> not really. >> you still have carson and kasich and rubio and cruz, and obviously trump. >> carson is a really nice guy and great story, but he becomes a side show at some point obviously. he doesn't have much going for him. >> there's another element which is what trish was suggesting, you hang that millstone of the establishment around the next of whomever, and they put money behind, and whoever decides they have the establishment lane, and that lane could be clear of other candidates. cruz and rubio -- cruz is out of
9:54 pm
that lane now. he and trump are bumping elbows for the rest of the way. >> cruz is an establishment candidate with an asterisk. >> you know what trump is going to say, this guy has been bought and sold. he has got whoever's money, and he is going to make that into this guy is bought and sold, and i am out here and it's because i care and i know what i am doing and i can make the country better, and that's what i think the dialogue will come down to. >> donald trump takes on the ora are looking more and more eligible, doesn't he? >> you want to say that, and it has to click in your head if you are being fair and balanced. >> it's going to start to add up, right? >> this is big evangelical
9:55 pm
country. >> the bushes have never lost in south carolina. >> you are right, the evangelical and the military, and he won in both of those categories. >> you knew jeb was done if he couldn't get among or beyond 10% with his mother campaigning for him. that to me is cruz. >> trump called him out on that, saying don't bring your mommy to events. >> his mother, as we all recall, said don't do it, and -- >> you are right. >> do you think he did the decision on his own or did his mother tell him not to do it? >> he did it on his own. >> he had his whole family and he must have consulted them. >> i just have a gut feeling about that. >> you did. >> they were saying it today, he's out. >> was it the right move to do
9:56 pm
it tonight? >> very clean and it was very classy. >> very classy. goes out with a great deal of class. as to all of you, i want to thank you very much, everybody in the control room, and i wish we could make a call on second and third, but we are not. it's still very close, separated by a little more than 1,000 votes here, but for donald trump, for him, it doesn't matter, because those two to him look like losers. he won by double digits and he is moving on to nevada where republicans are going to get out as democrats did tonight, and hillary clinton lives to fight another day. a comfortable win today when all is said and done. that will do it. not quite. sometimes those seats are out of reach, costing an outrageous number of miles. it's time to switch... to the capital one venture card. with venture, you'll earn unlimited double miles
9:57 pm
on every purchase, every day. and when you're ready to travel, just book the flight you want, on any airline and use your miles to cover the cost. now that's more like it. what's in your wallet? t...to help sense danger before7 was engiyou do. . because when you live to innovate, you innovate to live. the all-new audi q7. a higher form of intelligence has arrived. does your mouth often feel dry? multiple medications, a dry mouth can be a side effect of many medications. but it can also lead to tooth decay and bad breath. that's why there's biotene, available as an oral rinse, toothpaste, spray or gel. biotene can provide soothing relief
9:58 pm
and it helps keep your mouth healthy too. remember, while your medication is doing you good, a dry mouth isn't. biotene, for people who suffer from a dry mouth. i don't want to live with the uncertainties of hep c. or wonder whether i should seek treatment. i am ready. because today there's harvoni. a revolutionary treatment for the most common type of chronic hepatitis c. harvoni is proven to cure up to 99% of patients
9:59 pm
who've had no prior treatment. it's the one and only cure that's one pill, once a day for 12 weeks. certain patients... can be cured with just 8 weeks of harvoni. with harvoni, there's no interferon and there are no complex regimens. tell your doctor if you have other liver or kidney problems, hiv, or other medical conditions, and about all the medicines you take including herbal supplements. taking amiodarone with harvoni may cause a serious slowing of your heart rate. common side effects of harvoni may include tiredness, headache and weakness. i am ready to put hep c behind me. i am ready to be cured. are you ready? ask your hep c specialist if harvoni is right for you. ♪jake reese, "day to feel alive"♪ ♪jake reese, "day to feel alive"♪
10:00 pm
jake reese, "day to feel alive"♪ >> the people's house -- a family's legend. >> i can remember being a little kid and asking my father what it was. >> a century-old mystery. >> he said, "it's from the white house." and i go, "talking about d.c. white house?" i was just stunned. >> the white house neither confirms nor denies... >> what do you see? >> gold! [ laughs ] >> let's investigate! >> i scrape the paint layers down to the wood. >> and when you heard what it was worth? >> and sold! [ door creaks ] [ wind howls ] [ thunder rumbles ] [ bird caws ] >> i'm jamie colby, and today i'm in boston to meet an heir

31 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on